Carbon Digital Light Synthesis (DLS) 3D Printing Service
| AS9100D | ISO9001 | ISO14001 | IATF 16949
About Carbon DLS
Carbon DLS (digital light synthesis) is an industrial 3D printing process that uses light and heat to create parts with isotropic properties, complex geometries, and excellent surface finishes. DLS offers a wide range of production-grade materials, allowing engineers to build end-use parts right off the printer. The end-user can choose from both rigid and flexible polyurethane materials to meet your application needs for high-impact-resistance components.
Carbon DLS uses CLIP (continuous liquid interface production) technology to produce parts through a photochemical process that balances light and oxygen. It works by projecting light through an oxygen-permeable window into a reservoir of UV-curable resin. As a sequence of UV images is projected, the part solidifies, and the build platform rises.
Advantages of Carbon DLS
Carbon DLS is often used for end-use parts because it produces high tolerances and smooth surface finishes. The speed of the Carbon DLS 3D printing process makes it an attractive option for rapid prototyping.
Digital Light Synthesis is based on stereolithography. Both processes use UV light to cure the resin. Unlike stereolithography, however, Carbon’s process doesn’t pause after each layer. Parts are built upside-down as the build platform rises from the vat of resin.
The continuous nature of Carbon’s DLS 3D printing process avoids the creation of layer lines in the part, offering a surface finish comparable to injection-molded parts. According to Carbon, DLS parts are also watertight and isotropic, having the same strength in all directions. In addition to providing a means of making prototypes, DLS can be used as an alternative for making production parts that would otherwise be injection-molded.
- High-volume production runs at lower cost investment and quick delivery time.
- Functional prototyping for real-world testing and verification.
- Complex parts that can not be produced with other methods.
- Chemical and heat resistant parts that are durable and reliable to meet different requirements.
- Outstanding surface finish options based on different application needs.
Moxperts offer a wide variety of materials for rapid carbon DLS 3D printing services. If the material is not listed, feel free to contact us for a customized solution.
DLS resins available from Carbon include elastomeric, flexible, rigid and medical-grade polyurethanes, silicone, cyanate ester, epoxy, urethane methacrylate, etc.
- Elastomeric Polyurethane – EPU 40 and EPU 41
- Multi-purpose Polyurethane – MPU 100
- Elastomeric Silicone – SIL 30
- Rigid Polyurethane – RPU 70, FPU 50, RPU 130
- Impact-resistant Epoxy – EPX 82
- High Temperature Cyanate Ester – CE 221
- Urethane Methacrylate – UMA 90
- Press-fit inserts
- Bead blasting
- Heat staked inserts
- Digital texturing